Saturday, April 23, 2011

In My Kitchen

Even with life as it is, filled full of intense change, I am finding time to feed my soul and body. A few days ago I made a raw slaw, with raw cashew cream (mayo). I also marinaded several vegetables. I have them stored in my vintage kitchen containers, of which I love!

Here is a taste of what I prepared:




Cashew cream/mayo makings! Mmmm!



My fresh broccoli, carrot and cabbage raw slaw.



The joy of mess!


Mushrooms, carrots, and baby bell peppers marinaded in Nama Shoyu, olive oil, lemon, garlic and love.



Nature's candy!



Lemons have so many wonderful benefits. Tasting good is my favorite!



A colander my father made - something I treasure because of the heart imprinted in it.


Sometimes I forget to reach for the most basic of joys. Being in the kitchen, both a love hate relationship, is always made better with fun vintage wares, heart and love. Enjoying the simplest of pleasures is what makes life worth living. Oh, and don't forget the lemons!

No comments:

Post a Comment