Saturday, July 13, 2013





“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” 
 Albert Einstein

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” 
 Ralph Waldo Emerson


The beauty of the past few days has been my children and the roses out back. Though our yard is riddled with weeds, thorns, dying parts - it is also brimming with life already formed and beauty ready to become.

I am feeling completely overwhelmed currently. In over my head. Afraid. Tired. Tired, as if I have been running the world's longest marathon and I am only a quarter of the way through and my energy is already in the negatives. I tend to be a sprinter of monumental proportions, even if only in my mind (since my body isn't even slightly fast). I need to learn to pace myself. So many questions and hurdles. BUT, when I find my own personal rhythm, stop and smell the flowers, suckle serenity, I am kindly reminded of the everyday miracles (some in my face and some a bit more elusive). It is those micro seconds when I actually stand still that I can hear peace drifting through, saying - "It will be okay. It will. You will be. Maybe painful half of the time. Maybe not what you had planned. Maybe not easy, definitely not easy, but tomorrow is a new day and it is ready for you to simply be." Buzz.

Deep breath in.

Eyes open.

Wings extended.

Now exhale and smile.






No comments:

Post a Comment